How Well Does Your Insurance Supplier Look After You?
The consequences of discovering under-insurance are still a major problem for many homeowners. How do you know if your insurance company is really trying HARD to find out if you are under-insured and SAVE you money? Ask yourself these questions:
- When you purchase household goods throughout the year, do you add this added value to your premium?
- Does your insurance supplier ask you for the details of these household goods at premium renewal time?
- What is the annual increase in premium made up of?
- Are you aware of the severity of under-insurance problem in Australia?
- Has your insurance supplier made you aware that you may be under-insured?
- If you suspect you may be under-insured how & when are you going to correct your cover?
- If you were to suffer a 100% loss and you were only 65% covered could you replace the missing 35%?
- If you have corrected this under-insurance, do you have an up to date inventory?
- If not when & how are you going to get started on this inventory?
- If you have an inventory is this stored in a safe place out of your home or in a fire safe?
For more questions to ask your insurance supplier please visit Home Inventory Service - Australia. Similar questions were asked in our survey,
A Survey Into Australians Awareness Of Under-Insurance & Home Inventory Services
The results are available for Survey I We would like to ask you take our current Survey II
Aussie Home Inventories is here to HELP & ASSIST YOU IN BEING BETTER PREPARED for LOSS!
The following video by Money Talks [America] with Stacey Johnson, simply states the obvious solution, as being a Home Inventory when it comes to being prepared for loss.
Rich Connette a Property Loss Consultant states, "I've yet to meet a person in 17 years, that knew exactly everything that they owned. The insurance company wants you to write down everything, down to the sock! If you don't remember, the insurance companies like that because that's just less money that they have to pay out."
So are you one of the homeowners Rich is talking about, "Virtually zero homeowners are prepared enough to make their insurance company pay." We hope not!